Earthen and wood vernacular heritage and climate change
ICOMOS four international scientific committees on Vernacular Architecture, Earthen Architectural Heritage, Wood Architecture Heritage and Energy, Sustainability and Climate change are jointly organizing the international conference on ‘Earthen and wood vernacular heritage and climate change’ under the patronage of ICOMOS Sweden. The conference welcome practitioners, scholars, educators and students in the fields of vernacular architecture, wooden and earthen buildings, culture heritage, building conservation and restoration, energy and sustainability, climate change to submit their proposal and join the conference different activities. Full papers will be double blind reviewed and published with ISBN number in the conference proceedings. The conference will be both physical and digital. The conference might be shifted totally online due to the uncertainty of the pandemic situation. More will be posted regarding this matter when we come closer to the conference date.
- Vulnerability of vernacular buildings to climate change
- Effects of energy regulations on vernacular heritage buildings
- Natural materials and building conservation (techniques and methods)
- Education in sustainable development for vernacular heritage buildings
- Vernacular built heritage in post COVID-19 world.
- ICOMOS Sweden
- ICOMOS International Scientific committee on Vernacular Architecture
- ICOMOS International Scientific committee on Earthen Architectural Heritage
- ICOMOS International Scientific committee on Wood Architecture Heritage
- ICOMOS International Scientific committee on Energy, Sustainability and Climate change
HostMalmo University and Kulturen Museum
Contact infoMarwa Dabaieh
From Saturday 28th to Monday 30th August 2021.
- 15th December 2020 - Deadline for abstracts
- 1th February - Announcing the selected abstracts
- 1st April - Deadline for full paper submission
- 1st May - Comments back to authors
- 1st June - Deadline for final paper submission
- 15th of June - Deadline for early bird registration
- 28th -30thAugust - Conference days
Special fees for virtual participations and scholarships will be announced later.
Scientific committee members